Fish cakes make the perfect keto-friendly appetizer or weeknight dinner, and only take a few minutes to prepare
Original Recipe From: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/273121/poached-eggs-mytilene/
- 1/2 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Calories 275C
- Fat 26.5g
- Carbs 6.1g
- Protein 13.2g
Ready in: 20m
- Combine lemon juice and oil in a small serving bowl; whisk to combine.
Add water and vinegar to a medium saute pan or small saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Crack 1 egg into a small bowl, being careful not to break the yolk. Gently slip egg into the simmering water, holding the bowl just above the surface of water. Repeat with the remaining egg. Cook eggs until the whites are firm and the yolks are lightly cooked outside, but liquid inside, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon, and place into a serving bowl.
- Break the yolks with a fork and drizzle with lemon juice mixture. Stir yolks twice; season with salt and pepper.