If you think youll miss burgerswhile in keto think again, these buns are delicious and wont trow you out of ketosis!
Original Recipe From: https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/low-carb-hamburger-buns/
- 1 1/2 cup part skim grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp oat fiber (or protein powder or 1/4 c. more almond flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 metal cake plate or pan that you don’t care about
- Calories 249C
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 7g
- Protein 14g
Ready in: 23m
- lace the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute more. Scrape the cheese into a food processor with the egg and process until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and process until a dough forms. It is very sticky! If it’s too sticky to handle, let it cool for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and place rack into the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Place cheap-o metal pan at the bottom of the oven.
- Divide into 5 equal pieces. Lightly oil hands and roll each portion into a ball. Drop onto the parchment paper and gently flatten slightly with your hand, while still retaining a domed shape. (You will have to experiment with how much to flatten because it’s hard to explain accurately.)
- Place 6 ice cubes in the metal pan at the bottom of the oven. Then place the rolls into the oven. This will help the rolls rise and spread.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the outside has browned. They will still be soft, so let them cool before removing from the baking sheet. Once cool, store in a bag in the refrigerator. Warm slightly to enjoy.
- Keep burger buns in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They keep for 7-10 days and also freeze well. Makes 5 small burger buns.