Serve on lettuce cups, on top of rocket or spinach, alongside roasted or raw vegetables, or under a dollop of Bulletproof guacamole.
Original Recipe From: https://www.bulletproof.com/recipes/keto-recipes/mexican-shredded-beef-recipe/
- 3 1/2 pounds pastured beef short ribs or beef shank
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup cilantro stems, coarsley chopped
- Optional: 4 cloves of garlic (crushed), 1 teaspoon chipotle powder and 2 teaspoons paprika
- Calories 656C
- Fat 48.5g
- Carbs 1.4g
- Protein 50.2g
Ready in: 7h 30m
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add short ribs to slow cooker and lightly coat each piece in the spice mix.
- Sprinkle cilantro stems and optional garlic over the ribs. Carefully add water without rinsing spices off the meat.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours, or until it is falling apart. Check the meat at 6 hours and cook longer if it is not tender enough.
- If desired, drain cooking liquid into a small saucepan and reduce for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
- Return liquid to the crock pot. Using two forks, pull the meat apart and shred the beef.
- Serve hot with Bulletproof guacamole, silverbeet leaves as a taco, roasted pumpkin, cucumbers, green beans and fresh cilantro.