Chocalate chip cookies on keto? Of course!
For the salad:
- 2 cups blanched organic almond or hazelnut meal
- 3 tbsp. grass-fed Bulletproof Ghee or butter
- 3 tbsp. Bulletproof Collagen Protein
- Stevia or birch tree-sourced xylitol to taste
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pastured egg
- 1/2 tsp. paleo baking powder
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup high quality, sugar-free chocolate, chopped
- Calories 128C
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 4.7g
- Protein 4.5g
Prep: 15 m
Cook: 30 m
Ready in: 45 m
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F. Grease and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Add the almond meal, collagen protein, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar directly on top of the baking powder and allow it to react (it will go fizzy).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine evenly.
- Taste the dough and adjust the sweetness if needed.
- Begin rolling the mixture into balls and place them onto the lined baking tray.
- Press the balls as flat as you like, they won’t rise much, so if you like them softer and chewier keep them quite full. However, if you like a crunchier cookie, press them quite flat using your hands to shape them.
- Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven when they’re ready and place the cookies on a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container when completely cooled.