This fried chicken recipe is simply delicious !
Original Recipe From: https://theprimitivepalate.com/2017/07/07/the-best-keto-fried-chicken-ever/
- 1 (4 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Unflavored Whey Protein Powder (I used Hoosier Farms Brand)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 quarts oil for frying (I used refined Coconut Oil)
- Fill a large skillet (cast iron or dutch oven is best) about 1/3 to 1/2 full with oil. Heat until 350-375 degrees.
- While the oil is heating up: Put the whey protein powder in a large paper bag. Season the Protien powder with paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Crack eggs into a medium sized bowl and whisk.
- Dip chicken pieces in the egg then, 2-3 at a time, put them in the bag with the protein powder, seal the bag and shake to coat well.
- Put in as many chicken pieces as the skillet can hold. Brown the chicken in HOT oil on both sides. For large pieces, it was about 7-8 minutes on each side. The batch of all wings too about 10 minutes total. Again this cooking method is EXACTLY like a regular fried chicken recipe.
- To ensure your chicken is fully cooked, use a probe thermometer and make sure it reads 165 degrees!
- Drain the fried chicken on paper towels. Depending on how much chicken you have, you may have to fry in a few shifts. Keep the finished chicken in a slightly warm oven while preparing the rest.