A special dessert for the coffee lover inside all of us!
Original Recipe From: https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/keto-espresso-chocolate-cheesecake-bars-low-carb/
For the chocolate crust:
7 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups superfine, blanched almond flour (I used Honeyville)
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/3 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
For the cheesecake:
16 ounces full fat cream cheese
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated erythritol sweetener
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- additional cocoa powder for dusting over the top if de
- Calories 232C
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 5g
- Protein 6g
Prep: 10 m
Cook: 35 m
Ready in: 45 m
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Combine the melted butter, almond flour, sweetener and cocoa powder in a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the crust dough to a 9 x 9 pan lined with parchment paper or foil (this will make removing the bars much easier.)
- Press the crust firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
For the cheesecake filling:
- Combine the cream cheese, eggs, sweetener, espresso powder, and vanilla extract in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the par baked crust and spread out evenly in the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake bars at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Dust with optional cocoa powder if using.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, preferably longer, before cutting into four rows of squares to serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.