A quick tasty meal that the everyone in the family will enjoy.
Keep to your keto diet and enjoy this favorite Italian dish; baked chicken Parmesan makes a great meal with low-carb vegetables or a salad.
Original Recipe From: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/259138/keto-chicken-parmesan/
- 1 (8 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 ounces pork rinds, crushed
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup jarred tomato sauce (such as Rao’s®)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
Per Serving: 442 calories; 25.3 g fat; 5.8 g carbohydrates; 46.5 g protein; 217 mg cholesterol; 1605 mg sodium
Ready in: 28m
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Slice chicken breast through the middle horizontally from one side to within 1/2 inch of the other side. Open the two sides and spread them out like an open book. Pound chicken flat until about 1/2-inch thick.
- Beat egg and cream together in a bowl.
- Combine crushed pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, ground black pepper, and Italian seasoning in bowl; transfer breading to a plate.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture; coat completely. Press chicken into breading; thickly coat both sides.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat; add ghee. Place chicken in the pan; cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 3 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Be careful to keep breading in place.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet. Cover with tomato sauce; top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until cheese is bubbling and barely browned, about 2 minutes.