Who needs a bun with this tasty creation!
This keto-friendly soup recipe delivers all the flavors you crave in a bacon cheeseburger, without the bun. You won’t even miss it.
Original Recipe From: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/268793/keto-bacon-cheeseburger-soup/
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 pound lean ground beef (80% lean)
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 spears kosher dill pickles, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
Per Serving: 204 calories; 20 g fat; 2.1 g carbohydrates; 4.9 g protein; 82 mg cholesterol; 151 mg sodium.
Ready in: 1h 05m
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat and add bacon. Cook until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside to cool.
- Add beef to the soup pot and flatten with a spatula. Cook until bottom is browned, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook other side, about 5 minutes more. Add broth, Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, pickles, tomato paste, steak sauce, mustard, onion powder, chili powder, and black pepper. Mix well to combine, breaking meat into smaller pieces.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls. Divide lettuce between bowls and fold into soup. Crumble 1 slice of cooked bacon into each bowl and garnish with tomatoes and red onion.