Are you up for some delicious italian scallops?
Original Recipe From: https://ciaoflorentina.com/garlic-scallops-recipe-healthy/
- 1 lb large scallops
- 1/4 c clarified butter ghee
- 5 cloves garlic grated
- 1 large lemon zested
- 1/4 c Italian parsley roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste
- 1/4 tsp peppercorn medley freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- A pinch of sweet paprika
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Calories 391C
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 11g
- Protein 28g
Ready in: 10m
- Make sure to pat dry the scallops on paper towels very well before cooking.
- Heat up a large cast iron skillet on medium flame.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl toss the scallops with a drizzle of olive oil or butter ghee, just enough to coat it all over. Sprinkle them with the sea salt, cracked pepper, red pepper flakes and sweet paprika. Toss to coat gently.
- Add a little drizzle of butter ghee to the hot skillet, just enough to coat the bottom. Add the scallops making sure not to overcrowd the pan, and sear for about 2 minutes on each side until nicely golden. ( Use a small spatula to flip them over individually )
- Add the butter ghee to the skillet with the scallops and then add the garlic. Remove from heat and using a spatula push the garlic around to infuse the sauce for about 30 seconds. The heat from the skillet will be enough for the garlic to work its magic into the butter. This is how you avoid that pungent burnt garlicky taste we don’t like.
- We are just looking to extract all that sweetness from the garlic, and this is how you do it, without burning.
- Squeeze half of the lemon all over the scallops and move the skillet around a little so it combines with the butter. Sprinkle with the minced parsley, lemon zest and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve with crusty bread or al dente capellini noodles.