This delicious recipe is a very smart way to have toasts and get more veggies into your diet. and the flavor combination…. mesmerizing!
Original Recipe From: https://www.bulletproof.com/recipes/eating-healthy/cauliflower-bread-recipe/
- 2 cups grated cauliflower
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ – 1 Tbsp psyllium husk
- 3-4 slices of organic, chemical-free bacon diced
- ¼ spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 avocado
- Calories 498C
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 14g
- Protein 27g
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix the 2 cups of grated cauliflower, salt, 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon of coconut flour, psyllium and garlic powder together. Add up to 1 tablespoon more of flour, if needed, to thicken.
- Split the cauliflower mix in 2. Place each cauliflower blob onto one of the lined baking trays and use your hands or a spatula to shape the mixture into even rectangles. Try not to make them too thick as you want it to cook through, and try not to make it too thin otherwise they will fall apart.
- Place them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Check the cauliflower toasts and rotate them in the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the bacon to the second baking tray and spread it out. Place it in the oven and cook until it’s golden brown.
- Meanwhile bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and add a dash of apple cider vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- When the water is boiling, crack 2 eggs into the water to poach. Cook them until the whites are fully cooked and the yolk is still slightly running.
- Remove them with a slotted spoon and place them onto some paper towel to remove the excess water.
- When the bacon and cauliflower toasts are ready, begin plating. Place the cauliflower toasts onto two plates. Top them with the poached eggs, crispy bacon, spring onion and avocado.
- Serve and enjoy.